A woman got her leg stuck in a metal cattle grid by a government hospital in southern India on February 29.
The incident took place in Hebbal village near Shirahatti town, Karnataka.
Eyewitnesses said the gap between the metal grills was too wide and the woman got her left foot trapped in the space. As the woman was in pain there was no time to call the fire brigade.
A few bystanders got together and rescued her with the help of a hammer which was used to widen the metal grills further.
Local residents said the badly planned cow stopper had become a menace and urged officials to fix it.