Woman claims Seoul police ignored first emergency call

STORY: The call, which ended at 6:34 p.m., was made about four hours before the crush which left more than 150 people dead.

The woman, identified only by her surname Park told Reuters: "I got so angry watching the news, because I had already called the police at around 6:30 p.m. (0930 GMT), but why didn't anyone control the situation?"

Police on Tuesday (November 1) released the transcripts of 11 emergency calls before the chaos was known to have become fatal. The transcripts appear to confirm the accounts of witnesses, who told Reuters they saw some police directing traffic on the main road but few or no officers in the crowded pedestrian alleyways and side streets.

National Police Commissioner General Yoon Hee-keun on Tuesday acknowledged crowd control at the site of the disaster was "inadequate."

The disaster killed 156 and injured 187, leaving 33 in serious condition. At least 26 citizens from 14 countries were among the dead.