Officers Tukwila, Washington, used spike strips and a PIT maneuver to stop a stolen Bellevue PD patrol car in the early hours of September 23, before the suspect was captured after attempting to flee by foot.
Footage from the Tukwila Police Department shows the officers’ pursuit, during which the stolen car lost a tire, and continued on with sparks showering the roadway.
Prior to the pursuit, the suspect allegedly strangled a Bellevue police officer who intervened during what police said was an attempt to steal a safe, according to local reports. Credit: Tukwila Police Department via Storyful
- [INAUDIBLE] clocked at about 146 [INAUDIBLE].
- [INAUDIBLE] continuing southbound, approaching 154.
- Making a right hand turn, westbound on 228.
- Westbound 228.
- It's hit.
- Get on the ground. You're under arrest. You're under arrest. [INAUDIBLE], get out of the way.
Get on the ground, now.
- Shut up. Put your hands behind your back.
- I'm sorry, guys.
- Shut up.
- You got me. [GRUNTS]
- All right.