A sheriff’s deputy ended up with egg on his face on Thursday, September 9, when a recently microwaved egg exploded in his hand, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff’s office released this footage on Facebook, saying the incident occurred when the deputy went to the facility’s cafeteria for breakfast, where he would routinely reheat a hardboiled egg for 20 seconds in the microwave.
After the time was up, the deputy took the egg out of the microwave, and, to his surprise, it exploded in his face and sent gelatinous shrapnel whizzing past a coworker.
“Quite the eggsplosion!” the sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook. Credit: Utah County Sheriff’s Office via Storyful