US man given medical attention after swallowing banana wrapped in condom

Malay Mail
Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 30 — A 34-year-old man in Iowa, US, had to be hospitalised after swallowing a banana wrapped in a condom resulting in serious bowel blockage.

The unidentified man went to the hospital after experiencing abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.

He was also unable to eat or drink and had not had a bowel movement for over 24 hours prior to the hospital visit, Jam Press reported.

A scan by doctors later found the pain was due to a banana wrapped in a condom that obstructed the man’s small intestine.

The patient, reportedly with a history of depression, was said to have decided to swallow the fruit in a fit of anger.

He was later rushed into surgery after the diagnosis, where doctors successfully had the “package” removed.

The man was discharged three days after surgery.