LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's defence minister Ben Wallace on Monday outlined further military support for Ukraine, confirming the supply of 14 Challenger 2 tanks and setting out a number of other details.
"Today, I can announce the most significant package of combat power to date to accelerate Ukrainian success. This includes a squadron of Challenger 2 tanks with armoured recovery and repair vehicles," Wallace said to parliament.
The package also included:
- Eight AS90 guns
- Hundreds more armoured and protective vehicles including Bulldog personnel carriers.
- A manoeuvre support package including minefield breaching and bridging capabilities
- Dozens more "uncrewed aerial systems" to support artillery
- Another 100,000 artillery rounds
- Hundreds more sophisticated missiles including Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS), Starstreak air defence, medium range air defence missiles
- A package of spares to refurbish up to 100 Ukrainian tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.
(Reporting by William James and Farouq Suleiman)