Season 8 of the BBC One crime drama Shetland will premiere Stateside Wednesday, Nov. 29 on BritBox, TVLine has learned
For the new, six-episode season, series vet Douglas Henshall (who played Detective Jimmy Perez) after seven years has passed the baton to Ashley Jensen (Agatha Raisin), who now headlines as DI Ruth Calder, a native Shetlander who returns to the isles after 20 years working in London.
More from TVLine
Across the pond, Shetland’s eighth “series” will debut Wednesday, Nov. 1 on BBC One and iPlayer.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Liz Tigelaar (Little Fires Everywhere) is developing Lucy Foley’s thriller novel The Guest List into a limited series for Hulu, per The Hollywood Reporter. The story is set at an elaborate celebrity wedding on a remote island, where a body is found.
* This year’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will feature special guests Stevie Nicks, Adam Levine, Carrie Underwood, Common, Ice-T, LL COOL J, Miguel, Queen Latifah and Sia. The ceremony, as previously announced, will be held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. and stream live coast to coast on Disney+ on Friday, Nov. 3 at 8 pm ET/7 pm CT/6 pm MT/5 pm PT.
* The Obamas, LeBron James and Peyton Manning are in talks to develop what is basically an NBA version of Netflix’s Quarterback (which Manning exec-produces), the Wall Street Journal reports.
* HBO has set a Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 8/7c premiere for David Holmes: The Boy Who Lived, a documentary about Daniel Radcliffe’s stunt double on the Harry Potter films, who on the penultimate film suffered a tragic accident that left him paralyzed with a debilitating spinal injury.
* Max has released a trailer for Season 2 of Julia, premiering Thursday, Nov. 16, with its first three episodes, followed by one installment weekly until the finale on Thursday, Dec. 21:
* Watch a new trailer for the remainder of Bosch: Legacy Season 2, which is releasing new episodes every Friday on Freevee:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine