Tucker Carlson is bringing a “new version” of his influential political commentary programme to Twitter, the right-wing pundit announced in a video on Tuesday, following the anchor’s high-profile split with Fox News last month.
In a video posted on his Twitter page, Mr Carlson said the social network was the “last” major media distribution channel that allowed free speech, while appearing to allude to his recent exit at Fox.
“The best you can hope for in the news business at this point is the freedom to tell the fullest truth that you can,” he said in his announcement video. “There are always limits. And you know that if you bump up against those limits often enough, you will be fired for it. It’s not a guess — it’s guaranteed.”
The former Fox News anchor used the announcement to lash out at other media outlets, calling them purveyors of “thinly disguised propaganda.”
“The news you consume is a lie, a lie of the stealthiest and most insidious kind,” he added.
The move means Mr Carlson will forgo at least $25m from Fox Corp related to a non-compete clause in his previous contract, Puck News reports.
The Independent has contacted Fox News and Twitter for comment.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated with new information.