Transfer Gossip: Serie A giants willing to sell colossal centre-back to Man Utd for £52m; Levy finally decides on his top choice for Tottenham job
Manchester United have been told they can land their priority centre-back target for £52million this summer, Daniel Levy has decided on his top choice for Tottenham’s next manager, while Sunday’s Transfer Gossip claims Arsenal and Manchester City are ready to go head-to-head again this summer for a Milan midfielder.
NAPOLI DEFENDER COULD BE OLD TRAFFORD BOUND
Napoli are reportedly giving very serious consideration to selling top centre-back Kim Min-jae to Manchester United this summer, if the Red Devils are willing to cough up €60million (£52.3m).
The South Korea international has been one of the key figures in a remarkable season for the Naples outfit as they won the Serie A title for the first time in 33 years.
The 26-year-old was signed from Fenerbahce for just €18m last summer and there are reports his release clause is just €45m, but with certain caveats.
It is valid only for a short period of time to clubs outside of Italy from July 1-15, 2024.
However, Corriere dello Sport claims that United are determined to sign the dominant defender this summer and are preparing to match Napoli’s asking price.
There is also a growing feeling that by selling Kim it should allow the club to keep United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern Munich target Victor Osimhen.
Kim was brought in as the replacement for Kalidou Koulibaly, who had been the rock at the centre of the Napoli defence for eight years.
But it’s safe to say that he’s exceeded expectations in Naples so far with his outstanding performances.
Kim arrival likely to spell end for United star
Kim‘s move to England could finally come about two years after Tottenham were tipped to sign the international teammate of Son Heung-min.
However, in the end, they opted to bring in Cristian Romero instead, leaving the door open for Napoli to take Kim.
If the South Korean does arrive in Manchester then that is almost certain to spell the end of Harry Maguire’s stay at Old Trafford.
West Ham are thought to be one of three potential destinations for the England man, who cannot beat out left-back Luke Shaw for a place at the heart of United’s defence despite injuries to Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez.
LEVY MAKES BIG CALL OVER NEXT TOTTENHAM BOSS
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is said to have settled on Xabi Alonso as his No.1 choice to become the club’s next permanent manager and is willing to pay Bayer Leverkusen’s release clause for the Spaniard.
The report in the Daily Mirror claims that Levy wants Alonso to take over in north London and that a successful interview is the one stumbling block preventing the appointment of the former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Spain midfielder.
Bayer Leverkusen’s continued involvement in the Europa League, where they will face Jose Mourinho’s Roma in the first tie of a two-legged semi-final this week, has complicated any approach.
But it’s understood that one year’s salary will be the compensation needed to secure the 41-year-old’s services.
Alonso himself has previously knocked back any suggestion that he is set to take over in north London. However, the Mirror claims the wheels are in motion.
“Rumours are normal but we still have a lot to achieve,” he said earlier this week. “That’s why my head is 100 percent here for the last few months. And my head is also 100 percent here for next season.”
Any potential deal will not happen until the summer, with Ryan Mason remaining in charge for the final three games of the campaign.
Mason’s slim hopes of landing the job himself were helped by a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The reports adds that Spurs are unsuccessful in their chase for Alonso, then Levy will turn to Feyenoord’s Arne Slot as his next best option.
The Dutchman has overseen a huge upswing in the fortunes of the Rotterdam club, who are on the brink of landing the Eredivisie title.
However, Levy will have to dig deeper if he wants the 44-year-old Dutchman, as Tottenham will have to pay up the remaining two years of his deal.
ARSENAL, MAN CITY FIGHTING FOR MILAN MIDFIELDER
Manchester City and Arsenal are reportedly set to battle it out this summer for AC Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer.
The duo are currently going head-to-head in the Premier League title race but look set to carry that over into the summer in their pursuit of the Algeria international, as reported by FootballTransfers.
Bennacer was on the books at Arsenal between 2015 -2017 but only made one appearance for the club and was sold to Empoli for just €1million before moving on to Milan after impressing in Italy.
The report adds that Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is looking at the 25-year-old if Arsenal fail to capture primary summer targets Moises Caicedo or Declan Rice.
Arsenal have previously shown they will not be drawn into spending over the odds for any of their transfer targets, with Caicedo and Rice both valued in the £100m range.
Meanwhile, City boss Pep Guardiola is said to be a big admirer of Bennacer and has, in the past, contacted the player directly about a move to the Etihad Stadium.
The article Transfer Gossip: Serie A giants willing to sell colossal centre-back to Man Utd for £52m; Levy finally decides on his top choice for Tottenham job appeared first on Teamtalk.com.