The Saudis are slowly making their way towards Liverpool to make a massive bid for Mo Salah, while Chelsea could move for an England striker in January…
SAUDI OFFICIALS IN ENGLAND TO TAKE SALAH
The Saudis aren’t the sort to take ‘no’ for an answer, so Liverpool’s rejection of their bid for Mo Salah was never going to be the end of the matter.
The Reds received a bid of £150million last Thursday for their Egyptian star, who is said to be open to a move to Al-Ittihad. Which is hardly surprising since they are willing to pay the 31-year-old around £1.5million per week.
Encouraged by Salah’s interest in feathering his nest, the Saudis were expected to test Liverpool’s resolve again this week before the Pro League transfer deadline on Thursday.
Indeed, the Daily Mail says a delegation of Saudi officials arrived in London last Saturday, after initially basing themselves in Cannes, with the aim of tying up a deal for Salah. Apparently, they will present an offer to Liverpool worth in the region of £200million.
Jurgen Klopp’s stance at the weekend was clear but the prospect of bagging a world-record fee for Salah might change the Reds’ viewpoint.
CHELSEA PONDER TONEY BID
Chelsea have somehow spent a billion quid over the last year or so yet still they remain without a goalscorer.
Apparently, that didn’t go unnoticed at Stamford Bridge during the late stages of the summer window. The Evening Standard says the Blues considered signing a striker but opted instead to recruit Cole Palmer, a versatile forward, from Manchester City.
Which leaves Mauricio Pochettino muddling through to January when Chelsea could make a move for Ivan Toney.
The Brentford striker is suspended until the New Year, by which time he will have entered the last season and a half of his contract. Tottenham are also said to be interested in the England forward but Spurs’ need might not be as great as Chelsea after they signed Brennan Johnson for £47.5million on deadline day.
TITLE-WINNING KEEPER SNUBS PREM RETURN FOR BELGIUM
Some goalkeeping gossip, featuring a couple of Premier League veterans…
Kasper Schmeichel has been linked with a return to England after the ex-Leicester stopper and Nice agreed to part ways. Chelsea, Brentford and Forest were all thought to have shown an interest but the Daily Mail says the 36-year-old is closing in on a move to Brussels with Anderlecht.
Hugo Lloris, also 36, was thought to be open to a new challenge this summer – just not keen enough to take any of the offers plonked on his table. Lloris declined the chance to take Schmeichel’s place in the Nice squad, as well as offers from Lazio and Newcastle.
The Evening Standard says Lloris isn’t interested in a switch to Saudi so will spend the next few months until January kicking his heels at Spurs.
Read more: One current, three former Man Utd players in top ten players likely to move to Saudi Arabia
The article Transfer gossip: Saudis land in London to sign Salah, Chelsea eye Prem striker appeared first on Football365.com.