Transfer gossip: Man Utd given 15-day window to secure transfer; Chelsea prepare record offer
A move to Man City is now seen as ‘more likely’ for one of Erik ten Hag’s top summer transfer targets at Man Utd, while Chelsea prepare a record offer for midfielder…
MAN UTD ARE ON A SCHEDULE
Man Utd have been told that they have a 15-day window to seal a move for Napoli defender Kim Min-jae if he is to leave this summer, according to reports in Italy.
Ten Hag will look to improve his options in central defence this summer with speculation Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof could leave Old Trafford.
One centre-back they are particularly interested in is Napoli’s Kim with the South Korea international helping the Serie A giants to their first Scudetto in 33 years this season.
Kim has been a big part of why Napoli have only conceded 23 goals in 34 Serie A matches so far this campaign and the 26-year-old is attracting admiring glances from other big clubs.
He only signed for Napoli last summer from Turkish side Fenerbahce for around €18m but he could be on the move again with his contract containing a release clause of between €50m and €60m.
But Il Mattino claim that Man Utd have a 15-day window to secure the transfer with any interested party having between July 1 and July 15 to activate his buy-out clause.
The Italian publication insist that there is a ‘concrete hypothesis’ that Kim will leave Naples in the summer with Man Utd ‘in first place’ for his signature.
However, agent Vincenzo Morabito claims that it is neighbours Man City, and not Man Utd, who are currently leading the race for Kim.
“The fans shouldn’t get angry, it’s normal that we talk about the transfer market now. Kim? I think Manchester City is more likely than United,” Morabito told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.
CHELSEA PREPARE RECORD OFFER
Chelsea are ready to make Moises Caicedo into the most expensive Ecuadorian of all time this summer, according to reports.
The 21-year-old will be in-demand this summer after Arsenal failed to get a winter transfer over the line despite making a number of bids for the Brighton midfielder.
When asked in March about Arsenal trying to sign Caicedo for £70m, Brighton CEO Paul Barber responded: “Only if they wanted half the player!
“I mean, joking aside, we never provide the numbers. It always amuses us when we see numbers in the media, because they’ve not come from us.”
That gives a bit of insight into how highly he is rated by the Seagulls and Spanish publication Fichajes insist that Brighton are still looking to get ‘nothing less than €80m’ for Caicedo.
After spending around £600m over the last two transfer windows, Chelsea are ready to spend big again with the report claiming the Blues are preparing a ‘record offer’ for Caicedo.
Chelsea showed some interest in Caicedo in January and will ‘step on the accelerator’ to beat their rivals to the Brighton midfielder and make him ‘the most expensive Ecuadorian of all time’.
It would be the most expensive sale in Brighton’s history and Roberto de Zerbi ‘is aware that an offer like this for Caicedo cannot be rejected, and he cannot prevent the player from heading to Chelsea in the coming months’.
AND THE REST…
Former Tottenham Hotspur and Paris St-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino has agreed terms to take over at Chelsea this summer…Liverpool are ready to end the race for World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister with a £70m deal for the Brighton midfielder…Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez is in line for a pay rise this summer as soon as the club’s ownership issues are resolved…Everton would be willing to accept £50m this summer for Amadou Onana if they are relegated from the Premier League…Barcelona are interested in signing Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves.
The article Transfer gossip: Man Utd given 15-day window to secure transfer; Chelsea prepare record offer appeared first on Football365.com.