Tottenham have received a £30m bid from Fulham for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg ahead of the transfer deadline, according to reports.
The Denmark international has been the subject of interest from a number of clubs over the summer with Spurs willing to let him leave for the right price.
Fulham are looking for a replacement for Bayern Munich-bound Joao Palhinha with Manchester United’s Scott McTominay and Monaco’s Youssouf Fofana also possible options.
But now Football Insider insists that Fulham ‘have submitted a bid of £30m including add-ons’ for the Tottenham midfielder with Spurs ‘keen to move Hojbjerg on before the 11pm deadline cut-off’.
Atletico Madrid are the other side very interested in taking Hojbjerg away from north London with the Spanish side agreeing personal terms with the Dane.
However, Atletico are not willing to pay Tottenham’s £30m asking price and the La Liga side ‘hope they lower their demands to allow them to move again for the midfielder’.
Tottenham haven’t replaced Harry Kane so far this summer with the Spurs hierarchy preferring to improve other areas of their team before the deadline.
Brentford’s Ivan Toney, who is banned until January 16 for breach of the Football Association’s betting rules, has been linked with a winter move to Tottenham but former Spurs defender Alan Hutton reckons they should get a deal done now for the England international.
“I think he would do really well,” Hutton told Football Insider.
“I think he has got everything that you need to be a top centre-forward and he has proven that already.
“It is very difficult to get a replacement for Harry Kane but there is certainly a guy there that can go and score you the goals that you need to get into the top four or win a trophy.
“You wonder if it would be better for them to take the hit now and go and buy him. When he is ready to come back and play, there will probably be two, three or four options there and the money will be more. I just wonder if there is a deal to be had at this moment in time.
“Whether Daniel Levy would be interested in paying a player high wages when he can’t play until January, I am not so sure. But I think there could be a deal to be had if they could do it now.”
The article Tottenham receive £30m bid from Fulham as Postecoglou is told to sign PL star ‘now’ appeared first on Football365.com.