Tottenham have reached an agreement with Serie A side Genoa to allow Tanguy Ndombele on loan for the season, according to reports.
Spurs are looking to trim their squad after bringing in eight players this summer with only five players going in the other direction so far.
Harry Kane, Harry Winks and Lucas Moura have left the club permanently, while Djed Spence and Joe Rodon have both departed to join Leeds United on loan until the end of the season.
When asked whether the size of squad was making more incomings unlikely, Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou said on Friday: “Not necessarily. These kind of things are pretty fluid, they can happen pretty quickly.
“At the moment you can see by doing the maths we have got too many players in terms of when we submit our final list, there will be guys here who won’t be on that list if nothing changes so I am pretty sure that will change. From now until the end of the window I am sure there will be some movement.”
And now Ndombele is likely to be the latest player to leave with the France international now facing his third loan spell away from Tottenham since joining the club in 2019 for €72m from Lyon.
Ndombele spent last season on loan at Napoli and now transfer expert Fabrizio Romano insists that they have accepted a loan for the new season from Genoa with the midfielder yet to accept or reject the move.
Romano wrote on Twitter: “Genoa have reached an agreement with Tottenham to sign Tanguy Ndombele on loan #THFC Genoa now working to convince the player. Spurs want to find solution for Ndombele by Friday but it’s up to the player now as Genoa made their best effort.”
Eric Dier has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich and Belgian journalist Sacha Tavolieri claims Tottenham are keeping tabs on Leicester City centre-back Wout Faes in case the England international leaves.
Tavolieri tweeted: “Tottenham Hotspur already seeking several options in case Eric Dier leaves #Spurs including Wout Faes who’s is a profile appreciated by the management.”
And Romano has brought updates on links with Nottingham Forest’s Brennan Johnson and Barcelona’s Ansu Fati, while Postecoglou is now “happy” to keep Giovani Lo Celso.
Romano said in his Caught Offside column: “Tottenham have made contact to be informed on the Ansu Fati situation while talks for Brennan Johnson also continue. Fati is one to watch, with Chelsea also presented this option.
“Ange Postecoglou is happy with Giovani Lo Celso staying at Tottenham. Positive feedback on Argentine midfielder who’s likely to continue at Spurs. It would take an important bid to change the club’s stance on Lo Celso in the final days.”
The article Tottenham ‘agree’ midfielder transfer as they hover for surprise signing ‘appreciated’ by Postecoglou appeared first on Football365.com.