* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.18 percent to 20,705.27
* Leading the index were Lightspeed Commerce Inc , up 6.2%, goeasy Ltd, up 4.8%, and Nutrien Ltd, higher by 3.1%.
* Lagging shares were Transcontinental Inc, down 4.9%, New Gold Inc, down 4.4%, and Nexgen Energy Ltd, lower by 4.0%.
* On the TSX 82 issues rose and 145 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 14 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 187.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Enbridge Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.41 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector climbed 0.31 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.99%, or $1.38, to $67.92 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.9%, or $1.38, to $71.22 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.8% for the year.
This summary was machine generated September 9 at 21:03.