Toni Collette and Eddie Marsan star in The Power
See Toni Collette and Eddie Marsan in the latest trailer for Prime Video's adaptation of The Power.
[TRIBE CALLED QUEST, "CHECK THE RHIME"]
Grab the microphone and let your words rip.
- (RAPPING) Now here's a funky introduction to how nice I am. Tell your mother, tell your father, send a telegram. I'm like an Energizer--
- Oh! Are you OK?
- I'm OK?
- What the hell was that?
- I don't know.
- Was that the same thing that happened with the microwave?
- Can you tell me?
- No, God, maybe your stereo is just old like your stupid music.
- Today, we have a story that's going to change the world.
- This is in Nigeria, electricity coming out of their hands.
- All teenage girls?
- Mom, I know some can, like, aim it.
- How does yours work?
- Hey, hey!
- If there was one girl, I'd say it was a mutation. But it's hundreds and thousands.
- I'm a journalist. I want to tell your story.
- It is going to change things.
- What did you do?
- The world as we know it
- --may never be the same.
[HIP HOP MUSIC]
Listen to me when I speak.
- This is pretty scary.
- Your power doesn't freak me, [INAUDIBLE].
- You got this thing?
- We all do.
- We got it because we needed it.
- Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You got any ID?
- I don't want no trouble.
- Smile for me. Boy, you look nice when you smile.
- They're testing everyone.
- I have to keep people safe.
- This is invasive. It's unethical.
- I'm just asking for a list.
- You're going to treat our kids like criminals?
- I feel something different about her. She has done amazing things.
- Dad, let me come work for you so I can help.
- What do you want?
- My dad's money.
- Don't push me.
- Or what?
- Don't push me!
- Or what?
- I didn't even realize that I was living in constant fear.
- I want to see the world how you see it.
- This power has made me see a world that could be better for all of us.
- I just feel like 100 pounds lighter and 100 times stronger.
- Can you imagine growing up with that kind of freedom?