Tenaga Nasional says power fully restored to blackout-hit areas across peninsula

·1-min read
Malay Mail
Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, July 27 — National electricity provider Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) has confirmed that power is now fully restored to all areas in Peninsular Malaysia hit by disruptions at around noon today.

In a statement, TNB said that most of the affected areas saw their electricity successfully restored in stages as early as 20 minutes after the disruption occurred, as a result of the continuous efforts of the its technical team.

It said the issue was fully rectified at 3:02pm today.

“TNB’s investigation found that the supply disruption that started at 12:39pm this afternoon was caused by a fault in one of the equipment at the Main Entrance Substation (PMU) Yong Peng Utara in Yong Peng, Johor.

“It resulted in load shedding of 2.2GW which is 10 per cent of the total supply demand in Peninsular Malaysia,” it said.

Earlier today, Malay Mail received reports that several parts of Peninsula Malaysia, especially the Klang Valley, had been facing power disruption, which also interrupted rail services, airports and traffic lights.

Malay Mail also received reports that at least 11 locations, namely Subang, Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Cheras, Hulu Langat, Mont Kiara, Setiawangsa, Jelatek, Setapak, Kajang, and Kepong, are facing similar issues.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting