A teacher at a school in London has been suspended after claims a 10-year-old pupil was "punched multiple times".
The Metropolitan Police are investigating allegations that a member of staff at Christ the King Primary School in Islington punched the 10-year-old which resulted in the child needing to receive treatment at A&E.
Sky News has spoken to the father of the 10-year-old involved in the alleged incident.
Charles Etumnu recounted what his son told him happened: "He said he was on a stairwell landing watching a pupil that was getting into trouble.
"He then felt a forceful push from behind. He stumbled and regained balance and said 'Don't touch me'.
"The teacher then dragged him to a confined space on the landing and started raining punches on him.
"He was trying to fend them off when other teachers came and pulled them off him. My son then started crying."
Mr Etumnu's wife said she was called to the school following the incident.
It was upon collecting him that their son said his chest was hurting.
"He was complaining of pains so my wife took him to A&E. He was restless and so shocked by what happened," said Mr Etumnu.
Sky News has seen the now rescinded suspension letter issued to the family the same day.
It alleges the child "had been suspended for an act of aggression towards a member of staff".
It claims the child "injured a member of staff today in the playground" and that he "hit them several times knocking off their glasses" and "pulled a clump of their hair out".
Mr Etumnu said he did not recognise the language used regarding his son.
"I was really anxious after hearing about what had happened and then when I saw the suspension letter I was completely livid.
"He's never been in a physical fight with anyone. So why would that happen to my son?
"It felt like they were ganging up against my family."
The family say within the hour of receiving the emailed letter, the school rescinded the suspension after they said more information had come to light.
Mr Etumnu said they have long ties with the school with previous family members going there and having had positive experiences.
Three of his children, including their 10-year-old, had been enrolled at the school.
But after the alleged handling of the incident Charles and his wife decided to remove them all.
The family say they have tried to distract the 10-year-old and not remind him of the event which they say has traumatised him.
"He's a lovely boy. He's curious, loves playing games, just like any 10-year-old child."
The Metropolitan Police say they received a report regarding the alleged assault on 10 November.
The claims only became public knowledge on Tuesday after a video released on social media platform TikTok of Charles confronting the deputy headteacher at the school gates went viral with over one million views.
The chair of governors at Christ the King Primary School confirmed the member of staff at the centre of the allegation remains suspended from work.
In a statement to Sky News, James Potts said the school is taking the allegation "extremely seriously".
"An allegation was made about an incident at the school in November.
"As soon as the allegation was made, we took the matter extremely seriously and took all appropriate actions.
"A member of staff was suspended at the time, pending a full investigation.
"We are working closely with the Metropolitan Police, Islington Council and the Diocese of Westminster.
"As part of our continued partnership with parents, carers and the wider community, we take the safety and well-being of our pupils extremely seriously, and are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all.
"It would be inappropriate to comment further whilst an investigation is ongoing."
The Metropolitan Police says it has received no reports of any serious injuries following the incident.
It says those involved, along with "several witnesses", are being spoken to and the investigation is ongoing.