SHOWS: NAZARE, PORTUGAL (OCTOBER 29, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. SURFERS RIDING BIG WAVE WITH ONE CRASHING INTO THE OTHER
2. PEOPLE WATCHING ON AND CLAPPING
3. VARIOUS OF SURFERS RIDING WAVES
4. PEOPLE WATCHING ON FROM CLIFF
5. VARIOUS OF SURFERS RIDING WAVES
6. PEOPLE WALKING
7. SURFER RIDING WAVE
8. SURFER WIPING OUT
9. SURFER RIDING WAVE
10. PEOPLE WALKING
11. VARIOUS OF SURFERS RIDING WAVES
12. PEOPLE WATCHING ON
13. SURFER RIDING WAVE
14. PEOPLE WATCHING ON
15. PEOPLE WALKING
STORY: Big waves season is open as professional surfers took advantage of gigantic waves as high as multi-storey buildings off the coast of Portugal on Thursday (October 29).
Former storm Epsilon created a massive North Atlantic swell which made for some of the biggest waves recorded in the coastal town of Nazare, a world-famous big wave spot.
Hundreds of mask-wearing spectators gathered to watch surfers attempt to tame the waters in a location that generates record-breaking waves due to constructive-interference generated by a deep underwater canyon that reaches 4,900 metres deep.
(Production: Miguel Pereira)