This year, ain’t nobody going out store-hopping to find the perfect Mother’s Day gift. But that’s cool, because chances are, a homemade token from her kids is just what Mom really wanted anyway. Plenty of parents will happily gush about how a trinket made by their kid’s tiny hands made them melt and explode all at the same time (we still haven’t been able to figure out this phenomenon, but it’s definitely a mom thing) — especially if it involves the words “I love you, Mommy” scribbled somewhere in crayon. And isn’t a melt-explosion what we’re all after, really?
Whether you’re that beloved mom’s partner or the favorite aunt who’s ready to give her kids a strong hint in the gift department, here are 10 Mother’s Day crafts for kids that are basically guaranteed to elicit happy tears. So what if you have to (slightly) bribe the kids into making them? It’ll be worth it.
More from SheKnows
- Your Perfect Mother's Day Cookout Starts with These Grilled Recipes
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes for Every Hero Mom in Your Life
- Gorgeous Mother's Day Gifts to Get Your BFF Or Give to Yourself
1. Flower lollipops
2. Fingerprint butterfly mug painting
What an easy project: All you need are plain white mugs, some paint and a finger or two to make this adorable mug.
3. Clay handprint jewelry dish
Who wouldn’t want a little one’s hand-turned-clay jewelry dish? You only need three supplies for this gift — air-dry clay, a knife and a bowl — and, of course, one very tiny hand. No baking required.
Next page: DIY jewelry box
Check out these printable Mother’s Day coloring pages for more DIY kid fun.
Best of SheKnows
- Jenna Dewan, Chrissy Teigen & More Celeb Moms Share Photos to #NormalizeBreastfeeding
- I Lost My Daughter to SIDs — & Then Found Out I Was Pregnant
- The Best Bras for Your Teen — & How to Shop Together Without Dying of Embarrassment