Titled “The Second Half,” the multi-camera comedy has been given a script plus penalty commitment by the network.
More from Variety
- Louie Anderson to Star as Talking Cat in Comedy in the Works at Fox (EXCLUSIVE)
- TV Ratings: 'The Masked Singer' Rebounds, Easily Wins Wednesday
- Stephen Curry, John Legend Team on Sports Drama 'Signing Day' (EXCLUSIVE)
“The Second Half” takes a “humorous look” at a retired NBA player who moves back home to Charlotte, buys a car wash and struggles to reconnect with his father, daughter, ex-girlfriend, and childhood best friend. He starts to realize that when it comes to the game of life.
Sean Clemens, whose previous credits include “Making History,” “The Grinder,” “United We Fall,” is set to pen the script and executive produce. Curry and Arnett will serve as non-writing executive producers. Marc Forman will exec produce for Electric Avenue, alongside Jeron Smith, Erick Peyton, and Jenelle Lindsay for Unanimous Media, Tim Mcauliffe , and Peter Principato for Artists First.
Curry has been venturing more and more into the film and TV production business of late via his Electric Avenue banner. The Golden State Warriors star executive produces and appears in the riotous ABC mini-golf competition show “Holey Moley,” which was recently picked up for a second round. He is also teaming with John Legend for another basketball-related project in “Signing Day,” as Variety exclusively reported.
Best of Variety
- Oprah's Favorite Things of 2019: You Can't Go Wrong Gifting One of These This Year
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could