SUWON, SOUTH KOREA (MAY 8, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. SOUTH KOREAN FOOTBALL FANS WATCHING K-LEAGUE OPENING MATCH AT SPORTS PUB
2. 34-YEAR-OLD FAN SHIN JIN-HO AND HIS SON WATCHING GAME
3. SHIN'S SON IN UNIFORM WATCHING GAME
4. SHIN REACTING ON GAME
5. SHIN WATCHING GAME
6. (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) 34-YEAR-OLD FAN SHIN JIN-HO SAYING:
"Our family prepared uniform and waited for (the league opening), so it was disappointing as we can't go in person. Now, it's good to watch the game in this way, but it's a shame that we couldn't catch details of watching the game at the stadium."
7. VARIOUS OF FANS WATCHING GAME
8. VARIOUS OF FANS IN FACE MASK WATCHING GAME
9. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR SHIRT ON WALL
10. FAN WATCHING GAME
11. (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) 24-YEAR-OLD FOOTBALL FAN, LEE SANG-HYUP, SAYING:
"I was disappointed as all soccer games around the world were suspended because of the COVID-19, but now I feel like it quenched my thirst as I can watch the game. After watching this, I feel like my heart is beating after a long time."
12. SCREEN SHOWING FOOTBALL GAME
13. VARIOUS OF FANS IN FACE MASK WATCHING GAME
14. (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) 22-YEAR-OLD FOOTBALL FAN, HAN DONG-MIN, SAYING:
"It was an away match, but there's no crowd. I expected that our players would play more actively and aggressively like they do in a home match, so that Suwon fans can think players did their best and we can be satisfied as we supported them even in a match without spectators. But they didn't make it so it's a bit sad."
15. FANS IN FACE MASK WATCHING GAME
16. FAN WATCHING GAME
17. VARIOUS OF FANS WATCHING GAME AT PUB
STORY: South Korean football fans gathered at a sports pub in Suwon on Friday (May 8) to watch the 2020 K-League season opening match between Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors and Suwon Samsung Bluewings being played behind closed doors and after a delay of more than two months due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Lee Sang-hyup, a Bluewings fan who usually watches games in the stadium, was wearing his team's uniform and rooting for his team at a pub.
"After watching this, I feel like my heart is beating after a long time," he said.
He ended the match disappointed though, as the Bluewings lost 1-0.
The Jeonju World Cup Stadium, home turf of Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, was not filled with fans but giant yellow and white cards saying "#CU SOON STAY STRONG" were placed on empty seats, while coaches and substitutes wore face masks.
The K-League opener followed the start of South Korea's baseball league on May 5, which attracted fans of Major League Baseball (MLB) craving to watch games with MLB on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic.
(Production: Dogyun Kim, Minwoo Park)