RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: FILE FOOTAGE OF INDIA CRICKET CAPTAIN VIRAT KOHLI
MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (FILE - JANUARY 13, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA)
1. INDIA CAPTAIN, VIRAT KOHLI, ARRIVING FOR TRAINING SESSION / KOHLI WALKING ALONG WITH INDIA HEAD COACH, RAVI SHASTRI
2. KOHLI BATTING IN THE NETS
CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND (FILE - FEBRUARY 28, 2020) (ANI -NO USE INDIA)
3. KOHLI STANDING WITH INDIAN CRICKETER PRITHVI SHAW
4. KOHLI BATTING AT TEAM TRAINING SESSION
5. MORE OF KOHLI BATTING
PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (FILE - MAY 04, 2018) (ANI - NO USE INDIA)
6. IPL FRANCHISE ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE (RCB) CAPTAIN VIRAT KOHLI WALKING
7. KOHLI TRAINING
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - JULY 8, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
8. KOHLI SPEAKING AT A NEWS CONFERENCE (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND (FILE - FEBRUARY 19, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA)
9. INDIAN CRICKETERS AND HEAD COACH RAVI SHASTRI ARRIVING/ KOHLI SHAKING HANDS WITH INDIA'S HIGH COMMISSIONER TO NEW ZEALAND, MUKTESH K. PARDESHI
10. KOHLI SPEAKING TO AT EVENT (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
STORY: India captain Virat Kohli will return home from Australia after the opening test in Adelaide next month to attend the birth of his child, the Indian cricket board (BCCI) said on Monday (November 9), meaning he will miss three of the four tests in the blue ribband series.
Kohli's deputy Ajinkya Rahane will lead India in the final trio of matches of the tour, which begins in Sydney on November 27 with first of the six short-form internationals.
At the October 26 selection committee meeting, Kohli informed the BCCI of his plans to return home after the day-night test in Adelaide from December 17, board secretary Jay Shah said in a statement.
Because anyone who enters Australia has to quarantine for 14 days, Kohli would not have been available for selection, with the final three tests taking place between December 26 and January 19.
Kohli's actress wife Anushka Sharma is pregnant with their first child.
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)