Sony Pictures has secured an untitled sci-fi thriller, which will be based on an original script by Scott Beck and Bryan Woods, the screenwriters behind mega-hit A Quiet Place and its forthcoming sequel. The duo will also direct the pic and produce, under their Beck/Woods, alongside Sam Raimi and Zainab Azizi of Raimi Productions and Debbie Liebling.
Details of the project have yet to be revealed other than it will have a big twist at the end. This project reunites Beck and Woods with Raimi following their collaboration on Raimi’s Quibi series 50 States of Fright.
More from Deadline
- Ralph Fiennes Attached To Play Miss Trunchbull In Netflix & Working Title's 'Matilda'
- 'Sausage Party' Producer Point Grey, Sony Developing Adult Animated Film Based On 'Bubble' Podcast
- 'The Nightingale': Elle And Dakota Fanning's WWII Sisters Pic Pushed By One Year
This is the third film that Raimi Productions has sold to the studio in the past year.
Variety was first to report the news of this project.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Passes 67,000 As More Of Country Relaxes Restrictions - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto