KOTA KINABALU, March 22 (Bernama) – The gateway at the Sindumin-Merapok Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) complex at the Sabah-Sarawak border will operate from 6 am to 8 pm beginning today.
Sabah State Secretary Datuk Safar Untong said the matter was decided at the Sabah COVID-19 Command Centre meeting today as part of the effort to curb the spread of the virus.
Previously, the ICQS Sindumin-Merapok complex is usually open from 6 am until midnight.
In addition, Safar said, a new schedule has been drawn up for Sabah’s train service which will now only cater for essential services.
The train service from Kota Kinabalu to Beaufort has been stopped while the Beaufort-Halogilat service would operate four times daily, from 7.50 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
ORDER-BORDER 2 (LAST) KOTA KINABALU
“The Halogilat-Rayoh service has also been stopped, while the Rayoh to Tenom service will operate four times a day from 7.50 a.m. to 4 p.m,” Safar said in a statement here today.
Separately, he said the state government also decided that the homeless will be temporarily placed in centres set up by the local authorities.
He added that the state government was also allowing food processing factories and companies transporting food like rice, vegetables and fish for domestic use to continue operating.
Safar also said all village heads, chairmen of village community management councils, as well as city well-being committee chairmen should impose the Movement Control Order (MCO) in their respective areas.
In addition, he said, the state government insisted that all public gatherings and social events like feasts, weddings, and customary events involving the public be cancelled.
“Roadblocks are being set up throughout Sabah to ensure compliance with the MCO. Members of the public are requested to give their full cooperation,” he said.
TAG: Sabah-Sarawak border, Sindumin-Merapok, 6 am to 8 pm, COVID-19, Safar Untong