VIDEO SHOWS: SEVILLA FANS WATCHING EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL AGAINST INTER MILAN AT LOCAL BARS / SEVILLA FANS CELEBRATING EUROPA LEAGUE TITLE IN THE STREETS AND IN BARS / SOUNDBITES FROM FANS
RESENDING TO REMOVE A LOST FRAME IN THE EDIT
SHOWS: SEVILLE, SPAIN (AUGUST 21, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. SEVILLA FAN GRIMACING AS HE WATCHES THE EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL BETWEEN SEVILLA AND INTER MILAN
2. VARIOUS OF SEVILLA FANS WATCHING THE GAME AT A BAR AND CHEERING AFTER A GOAL
3. VARIOUS OF SEVILLA FANS AT A BAR ERUPTING INTO CHEERS AFTER WINNING GOAL IS SCORED BY DIEGO CARLOS
4. VARIOUS OF SEVILLA FANS CELEBRATING WIN AT BAR
5. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) SEVILLA FAN, CARLOS JIMENEZ, SAYING:
"I just feel - I want to see my Jesus Navas with the number 16 lifting this cup to the heavens to Antonio Puerta (Sevilla player who died on the pitch 2007). It's for you, Puerta. It all changed with you. I love you."
6. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) SEVILLA FAN, ANTONIO SANZ, SAYING:
"I'm proud of my team which is defending the city. Let's go Sevilla!"
7. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WAVING SEVILLA FLAGS FROM THEIR CARS AND HONKING THEIR CAR HORNS AS THEY DRIVE THROUGH CITY
8. FANS KISSING FLAG
9. POLICE ON GUARD NEAR THE PUERTA DE JEREZ FOUNTAIN WHERE SEVILLA FANS TRADITIONALLY CELEBRATE WINS
10. VARIOUS OF FOUNTAIN BLOCKED OFF AND POLICE ON GUARD
11. VARIOUS OF FANS CELEBRATING AND SINGING SONGS DOWN THE STREET FROM FOUNTAIN
12. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) SEVILLA FAN, FRANCISCO BAZ, SAYING:
"Wow, this is just marvelous. With everything going on, this is the best thing my team could give me."
13. VARIOUS MORE OF FANS CELEBRATING, SINGING AND WAVING FLAGS
14. POLICE WATCHING CROWD
15. POLICE ESCORTING A REVELLER FROM CROWD
16. POLICE ESCORTING ANOTHER REVELLER FROM CROWD
STORY: Sevilla fans crowded into local bars to cheer their side on to a roller-coaster 3-2 win over Inter Milan to clinch their sixth Europa League title on Friday (August 21).
Social distancing measures seemed a distant memory when hugs, high-fives and chants erupted as soon as Inter's top scorer Romelu Lukaku deflected an overhead kick by Sevilla defender Diego Carlos to score an own-goal that sealed their fate.
Other fans took to their cars to celebrate the win, waving flags and honking their horns as they made their way through the city.
Police had blocked access to the Puerta de Jerez Fountain where fans traditionally gather to celebrate important wins. Handfuls of crowds still managed to gather just blocks away with most people wearing masks.
The final was played behind closed doors in Cologne, Germany due to continued coronavirus restrictions but two Sevilla season ticket holders got to watch the match in the stadium as the club included them in their list of 25 accredited individuals.
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)