Selangor announces on-demand van service as part of RM25m public transport system

Malay Mail
Malay Mail

SHAH ALAM, Nov 24 — The Selangor state government today revealed an on-demand van service called Demand-Responsive Transit Van (DRT Van) during the state Budget presentation for 2023.

The service will function based on requests made through intelligent routing software similar to what was offered by e-hailing services instead of conventional bus stops, said Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.

“This service will complete the Selangor Smart Bus system that is unable to move through narrow and densely packed paths,” he said.

He also unveiled the rebranding of the state’s public transportation efforts under Mobility Selangor.

The Selangor Smart Bus system will be maintained and improved further in line with the Mobility Selangor rebranding, he added

He called the programme a “public transport system that combines all aspects of transportation under one roof, and is driven by data analysis”.

The Mobility Selangor programme will be allocated a total of RM25 million.

Today, the Selangor state government presented a Budget of RM2.45 billion for the state next year.

About 51 per cent, or RM1.25 billion, will be allocated for operating costs while the remaining 49 per cent, or RM1.20 billion, is earmarked for development expenditure.