Search called off for Aus shark attack victim

Mrs Millachip, who preferred not to give her first name to the media, said they were both in the water on Saturday (November 6) but she did not go swimming with her husband because the water was too cold.

Police and rescue boats and helicopters had been scouring the area around Port Beach in Fremantle, part of the metropolitan Perth area, for Millachip.

"As a result of that search and today's search we have been unable to locate or find anything resulting from that shark attack at this point in time and as a result a decision has been made to suspend that search as of 4 o'clock this afternoon," said police acting inspector Troy Douglas.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting