RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: DRONE FOOTAGE OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS SANTAS PADDLE BOARDING ON ADRIATIC SEA / ORGANIZER TIHANA CUROVIC SAYING GROUP OF PADDLE BOARDERS ORGANIZED THIS CHARITY PADDLE BOARDING TO HELP SENIORS IN PULA / PADDLE BOARDERS DRESSING UP AS SANTAS
SHOWS: PULA, CROATIA (DECEMBER 23, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. DRONE FOOTAGE OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS SANTA CLAUS PADDLE BOARDING
2. GROUP OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS SANTAS STANDING ON PADDLE BOARDS
3. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS SANTAS PADDLE BOARDING
4. TWO PEOPLE STANDING ON PADDLE BOARDS, WEARING SANTA CLAUS OUTFIT
5. (SOUNDBITE) (Croatian) EVENT ORGANISER, TIHANA CUROVIC, SAYING:
"Today we've gathered here - I can say that it's our tradition - because of a humanitarian action to help the elderly in Pula. We're connecting our love for stand-up paddleboards (SUP) with doing something charitable as the holidays - the time of giving - are coming up. Not everyone is able to afford having nice Christmas and New Years Eve."
6. GROUP OF PEOPLE STANDING IN CIRCLE NEXT TO BEACH HUT
7. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE PUTTING SANTA CLAUS OUTFITS OVER WETSUITS
8. MAN WALKING WITH PADDLEBOARD TOWARDS SEA
9. EVENT PARTICIPANT WAVING, CARRYING PADDLE BOARD INTO WATER
10. COUPLE DRESSED AS SANTAS ABOUT TO START PADDLEBOARDING
11. GROUP OF PEOPLE ON PADDLE BOARDS
12. (SOUNDBITE) (Croatian) EVENT ORGANISER, TIHANA CUROVIC, SAYING:
"We are not afraid of coronavirus because on the SUPs we have enough distance from each other and it's not even possible to come too close."
13. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS SANTAS PADDLE BOARDING
14. TWO MEN PADDLE BOARDING
15. PARTICIPANT DRESSED AS SANTA CLAUS PADDLE BOARDING
16. GROUP PADDLE BOARDING, TWO MEN LIFTING THEIR PADDLES, SHOUTING
17. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS SANTAS PADDLE BOARDING
18. TWO PEOPLE PADDLE BOARDING DRESSED AS SANTA CLAUS
19. DRONE FOOTAGE OF PEOPLE PADDLE BOARDING ON ADRIATIC SEA
STORY: Dressed in red and with white beards, a group of enthusiastic Croatian paddle boarders gathered on Wednesday (December 23) at Pula on the Adriatic coast to celebrate Christmas at the sea while fundraising for local elderly.
The group of about 15 paddleboarders put on their Santa Claus outfits over wetsuits, attached a beard and paddled into the chilled sea waters.
Apart from having some Christmas fun, the paddle boarders also raised money for elderly citizens of the Istrian town.
"We're connecting our love for stand-up paddleboards with doing something charitable," said the event's organizer Tihana Curovic adding that on paddleboards people are naturally keeping their distance.
She said the group was thus not afraid of catching coronavirus, due to which they had originally planned to cancel the third year of the Christmas tradition.
(Production: Antonio Bronic, Malgorzata Wojtunik, Karolina Bohacova)