RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: PARIS ST GERMAIN FANS ON CHAMPS-ELYSEE AVENUE, SETTING OFF FLARES AND FIREWORKS
SHOWS: PARIS, FRANCE (AUGUST 23, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. PARIS ST GERMAIN FANS WALKING DOWN CHAMPS-ELYSEE AVENUE, SOME CARRYING FLARES AND SETTING OFF FIREWORKS, AFTER PSG LOSS TO BAYERN MUNICH IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
2. FAN WITH A TEAR GAS CANISTER
3. MORE OF FANS WALKING DOWN CHAMPS-ELYSEE AVENUE
4. FAN WAVING FLARE AND DANCING IN FRONT OF THE ARC DE TRIOMPHE
5. POLICE STANDING IN FRONT OF TWO POLICE VANS
6. MORE OF PSG FANS ON CHAMPS-ELYSEE AVENUE
7. TEAR GAS RISING FROM A CANISTER IN THE STREET
STORY: Paris St Germain fans lit flares and fireworks as they took to Paris' Champs-Elysees Avenue despite a crushing 1-0 loss to Bayern Munich in the Champions League final on Sunday (August 23).
Tear gas canisters were also set off with clouds of gas rising along the route as fans made their way down the famed avenue towards the Arc de Triomphe.
Police were standing by, but the crowds were mostly peaceful and upbeat despite the loss.
Bayern were crowned European champions for the sixth time when they shut out PSG and dashed their hopes of upsetting the German favourites in their debut Champions League final.
Earlier in the evening, people threw projectiles at police vehicles outside the Parc des Princes stadium and were dispersed with tear gas, video footage on social media showed.
Paris police officials said that incident had been resolved without any arrests.
The match was played in Lisbon to a mostly empty stadium due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Production: Yann Tessier, Ursa Presern, Kurt Michael Hall)