VIDEO SHOWS: HIGHLIGHTS FROM CROATIAN LEG OF THE PWA WINDSURFING WORLD TOUR, THE FIRST STOP ON THE RESCHEDULED CALENDAR CAUSED BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC / SOUNDBITES FROM MEN'S SLALOM WINNER MACIEK RUTKOWSKI AND WOMEN'S SLALOM AND FOIL WINNER JENNA GIBSON
SHOWS: BOL, CROATIA (JULY 13-18, 2020) (PWA WINDSURFING WORLD TOUR VNR - ACCESS ALL)
1. SCENIC OCEAN SHORELINE WITH AREA TO STORE WINDSURFING EQUIPMENT
2. START OF ONE OF THE MEN'S SLALOM RACES
3. BATTLE FOR FIRST
4. POLAND'S MACIEK RUTKOWSKI FIRST TO ROUND GYBE MARK BEFORE GOING ON TO WIN THE RACE
5. RUTKOWSKI PREPARING EQUIPMENT
6. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MEN'S SLALOM WINNER, MACIEK RUTKOWSKI, SAYING:
"I think we did like 12 eliminations and some on foil, some on fins and great way to start the season. For me as well because I managed to perform at a quite high, consistent level and come out with the win, so, I'm really stoked and yeah, nothing really more we could ask for you know."
7. RUTKOWSKI (MIDDLE) WITH WINNER'S CHEQUE AND TROPHY
8. WOMEN'S SLALOM COMPETITOR ALICE READ OF GREAT BRITAIN GOING INTO THE WATER FOR START OF THE RACE
9. START OF ONE OF THE WOMEN'S SLALOM RACES
10. GREAT BRITAIN'S JENNA GIBSON LEADING
11. GIBSON FIRST ROUND GYBE MARK
12. GIBSON FINISHING FIRST
13. (SOUNDBITE) (English) WOMEN'S SLALOM WINNER, JENNA GIBSON, SAYING:
"I guess I didn't really know what to expect coming into this event. We didn't know what the standard of the other girls was like. I trained with Alice (Read) back home and I knew that it would be really close battles. I think we managed racing on three days for the foiling, which was really exciting. We raced in light conditions and super windy as well, conditions that you could have foiled in. So, it was really good and some really close battles and really enjoyed it."
14. GIBSON (MIDDLE) WITH WINNER'S CHEQUE AND TROPHY
15. GIBSON PREPARING FIN AHEAD OF WOMEN'S FOIL
16. GIBSON LEADING ONE OF THE WOMEN'S FOIL RACES
17. BATTLE FOR FIRST WITH GIBSON STILL IN THE LEAD
18. READ FINISHING FIRST
19. GIBSON WALKING ON STAGE AND COLLECTING HER WINNER'S CHEQUE AND TROPHY FOR FINISHING FIRST OVERALL IN THE WOMEN'S FOIL RACES
STORY: Professional windsurfing made its return following an extended break due to the coronavirus pandemic, with five days of racing which concluded on Saturday (July 18) in the opening Croatian leg of the PWA Windsurfing Tour's rescheduled calendar.
Poland's Maciek Rutkowski dominated in the men's slaloms, winning an impressive seven of 12 races to take top spot overall.
On the women's side, Jenna Gibson of Great Britain proved the standout sailor as the 22-year old eased to overall victory in the slalom competition, before winning the last foil elimination race to pip countrywoman Alice Read to overall honours.
The tour next moves onto Klitmoller, Denmark, also known as 'Cold Hawaii', in September, before ending the season with two further World Cup events in Marignane, France and Maui, Hawaii.
(Production: Stefan Haskins)