Advertisement

Princess of Wales 'on the mend' following surgery and joins William in Sandringham to visit King

Princess of Wales 'on the mend' following surgery and joins William in Sandringham to visit King

The Princess of Wales is “on the mend” after her abdominal surgery and has met up with Prince William and their children in Sandringham, according to reports.

The journey to the Norfolk estate is the first time she has left Windsor after the medical procedure and the family could visit the King after his diagnosis with cancer.

Kate and William took their children George, Charlotte and Louis to the estate on Friday and could stay at Sandringham for the children’s February half term next week.

A friend of the princess told the Mail: “Catherine is recovering well.

“She was looking forward to a change of scene and will be able to take it easy in Norfolk while the children let off steam with William.”

It has previously been reported that it is unlikely she will return to public duties until after Easter but could still keep on top of some admin for her charities.

Catherine was admitted to The London Clinic in January. The Palace has refused to confirm what Kate was being treated for but confirmed the condition was non-cancerous.

While the Queen steps up to cover appointments that the King is missing, William has been stepping up his dad duty and has been taking the three children to school.

It was recently revealed that the reason she did not travel to Balmoral as the Queen died was because she wanted to look after George, Charlotte and Louie.

The Queen stepped out in public on Thursday evening for her first working engagement since the King’s cancer diagnosis and said her husband was “doing very well under the circumstances” following his cancer diagnosis.