Police in Abbotsford said people should stay indoors after a fire broke out in the flood-hit Metro Vancouver city on November 17, releasing potentially toxic smoke.
Police said the blaze was burning near the Sumas Prairie area, where an evacuation order was issued the night before due to flood conditions posing a “significant risk to life.”
Residents near Sumas Mountain Road and North Parallel Road were advised to stay indoors due to the possibly harmful nature of the smoke.
Nicole Stewart posted this video to Twitter, saying the “community is flooded and on fire”. She thanked “frontline people” who she said were “working around the clock to save lives and livestock.” Credit: Nicole Stewart via Storyful