Police released bodycam footage of the rescue of a woman from a vehicle that had overturned in a canal in Vero Beach, Florida, on July 23.
Indian River County Sheriff’s Office released footage showing an officer, identified by local media as Corporal Tony Le, rushing to aid a woman trapped in an overturned vehicle. The woman, identified only as Linda, was suspended upside down by her seatbelt with her head in water.
Le smashed a window and cut the seatbelt to help pull the woman out. Members of Indian River County Fire Rescue also assisted in the rescue and helped load the woman onto a back board. Police said she was transported to Lawnwood Trauma Center and gave her condition as stable. Credit: Indian River County Sheriff’s Office via Storyful
- Hey, How's it going, man?
- Vehicle roll. Are they still inside?
- Yeah, but the airbags are off, I can't see anybody and the doors are locked.
- Get out of there. Have you got them out or no?
- They're still inside, airbags deployed.
- It just happened, like, three minutes-- two minutes ago.
- It was two minutes ago.
- If two minutes ago.
Can you hear me?
- All right, what's your name?
- What's that?
- Linda? All right, Linda. We're going to get you out of there, OK? All right, dear. Is your seat belt on? I got it, Butch. Is your seat belt on, ma'am?
- Are you hanging upside down?
- [? 11-4, ?] I got the back window broken and I'm inside. She's hanging upside down from the seatbelt. What's that, dear?
- I can't move.
- I know you can't move, just stay still, OK? We're going to get you out.
- Linda, can you hear me?
- OK. Get your head out of the water, Miss Linda.
- Give me knife. I got it.
- We got to cut her out.
- Miss Linda?
- OK. Stay still, don't move. I'm going to cut that seatbelt, OK?
- All right. Get on the radio, tell him what's going on.
- Get her head out of the water.
- Here-- Miss Linda. Tony, grab my arm. Somebody grab her arm, come on. Grab my arm Miss Linda. John, get over here. I got her. Breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe. All right, let's hold still. Hold her still. You OK? Just breathe.
- 1-4, just cut her out.
- You're all right, breathe. Keep your head sideways. Give her a second.
OK, let's get back up.
- Can you hold that?
- Yep. All right, Miss Linda, here we go. We got you.
- I got it.
- Watch your step.
- Go ahead first. Yeah, all right.
- We got to go head first.
- Watch you back, you want to swap out with-- got it?