Children cried, and staff were shocked when police chased a suspect on foot into a day care facility in Warren, Ohio, on November 2.
The Warren Police Department said an officer tried to conduct a traffic stop after noticing a man wanted for an assault, but the man refused to pull over. Officers pursued the man until he crashed into a vehicle and continued to flee on foot, police said.
Bodycam footage released by police shows the suspect running into the Precious Times Child Care and Preschool.
The man runs into a classroom, upsetting several children before he is apprehended by officers.
Local media said the 39-year-old man, Lamar Mitchell, was facing 13 charges, including aggravated burglary, failure to comply, and multiple counts of aggravated menacing. Credit: Warren Police Department via Storyful
- Get your hands up.
- Get him!
- I've got him.
- Get the kids. Please, get the kids.
- Yeah, [INAUDIBLE].
- [INAUDIBLE] going to shoot.
- He act like it.
Radio, standby. We got him inside a building.
- [INAUDIBLE] I don't have nothing. What am I hitting the mouth with?
- No, [INAUDIBLE] in the mouth.
- Six volunteers are deployed.
- Freaking [INAUDIBLE]
- OK, all the kids are out.
- He was facing that way.
- He threw a gun. You want to point your finger at me? [INAUDIBLE]
- You told me you were going to--
- Don't yell at me.
- Oh, screw you.
- Radio, we're going to need a squad over here.
- Copy [INAUDIBLE].
- Just bring him out-- bring him out here and just sit him down.
- [INAUDIBLE] tell me that way.
- Just sit him down. Hey, go inside, get the information from the girls that were in there, the kids ages, and all that other stuff.
- When I tasered you.