Barcelona confirmed on Thursday Gerard Pique has suffered a knee injury, with the defender facing a struggle to be fit to face Paris Saint-Germain in next week's Champions League last 16, second leg.
Jo Jo Yee gives some top tips on how to grow a gigantic romanesco cauliflower, which she admits are "not the easiest" vegetables to grow.
Emily Atef, whose latest film “3 Days in Quiberon” competed at the Berlinale in 2018, is getting ready to shoot “More Than Ever,” a melodrama headlined by Vicky Krieps (“Phantom Thread”) and Gaspard Ulliel (“It’s Only the End of the World”). Jesper Christensen (“Before the Frost”) and Liv Ullmann will also star. The Match Factory […]
ITV is donning the mask again. Following the success of “The Masked Singer,” the U.K. broadcaster has commissioned “The Masked Dancer.” Produced by the Argonon Group’s Bandicoot Scotland, the seven-part show will see 12 celebrity contestants perform unique dances, clad in extravagant costumes and masks, leaving the viewers and star panel to guess their identities. […]
Bayern Munich star Thomas Mueller has revealed how he moved to the cellar of his house to avoid infecting his wife after testing positive for coronavirus last month.
The European Union has suspended its support for development projects in Myanmar to avoid providing financial assistance to the military who seized power last month, officials said on Thursday. The 27-nation bloc informed a committee of the World Trade Organization on Thursday that it had put on hold all development cooperation that would support the military authorities, a Geneva-based trade official said. The European Commission, the EU executive, confirmed it had put on hold the budgetary support, which has typically gone to schools, elections and rural development and is worth hundreds of millions of euros over several years.
A Hong Kong court on Thursday granted bail to around a third of 47 democracy activists charged with conspiracy to commit subversion, as the case draws widespread criticism that Beijing is using a national security law to crush the city's opposition. The marathon bail proceedings started on Monday, in a landmark case after the most sweeping use yet of the city's national security law, which punishes its most serious charges, including subversion, with up to life in prison. The hearings have gone on late into the night for three consecutive days, causing several defendants to fall ill and be taken to the hospital.
St. Vincent has announced that her sixth album, “Daddy’s Home,” will be released on May 14. As is usually the case with the tradition-bucking singer-songwriter-guitarist, the new albums comes with a new look, this one a short blonde wig and cocktail dress and a disheveled vibe. “’Daddy’s Home’ collects stories of being down and out […]
Chris Harrison told Michael Strahan on “Good Morning America” Thursday that he plans to return to host the “The Bachelor” franchise after stepping back from the ABC dating series’ currently airing season amid backlash over his support for a current contestant accused of racist behavior. “I plan to be back, and I want to be back. This interview is not the finish line. There is much more work to be done and I’m excited to be part of that change,” the longtime “Bachelor” franchise host told Strahan Thursday morning in Harrison’s first interview since he paused his participation with the series in order to get “educated on a more profound and productive level than ever before.” “I am an imperfect man,” Harrison continued. “I made a mistake. And I own that. I believe that mistake doesn’t reflect who I am or what I stand for. I am committed t0 the progress — not just for myself — also for the franchise.” Also Read: Chris Harrison Apologizes (Again) for 'Bachelor' Comments in First Interview: 'I Made a Mistake' (Video) In a Feb. 9 interview with former “Bachelorette” Rachel Lindsay for “Extra,” Harrison defended Rachael Kirkconnell — a frontrunner on Matt James’ currently airing season of “The Bachelor,” the first to feature a Black bachelor — for a resurfaced photo in which she appears to be attending a plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018. Kirkconnell has since apologized for her past behavior. Harrison was roundly criticized for the interview and his treatment of Lindsay, leading to two public apologies from Harrison, and the Feb. 13 announcement that Harrison would temporarily be “stepping aside” as host of the show. (Emmanuel Acho has been tapped to replace him for the upcoming live season finale and “After the Final Rose” special on March 15.) “The historic season of The Bachelor should not be marred or overshadowed by my mistakes or diminished by my actions. To that end, I have consulted with Warner Bros. and ABC and will be stepping aside for a period of time and will not join for the After the Final Rose special,” Harrison said at the time. “I am dedicated to getting educated on a more profound and productive level than ever before.” Also Read: Emmanuel Acho to Replace Chris Harrison as Host of 'The Bachelor: After the Final Rose' A little over a week after Harrison made the announcement he was stepping aside, James posted a lengthy statement on Instagram calling the situation “devastating and heartbreaking.” “Chris’s failure to receive and understand the emotional labor that my friend Rachel Lindsay was taking on by graciously and patiently explaining the racist history of the Antebellum South, a painful history that every American should understand intimately, was troubling and painful to watch,” James wrote. “As Black people and allies immediately knew and understood, it was a clear reflection of a much larger issue that The Bachelor franchise has fallen short on addressing adequately for years.” On Monday, “Bachelor” producers issued a statement condemning the online harassment Lindsay has received over her interview with Harrison and her remarks of uncertainty regarding if Harrison should remain host of the ABC reality dating franchise, which led her to delete her Instagram account. Also Read: 'The Bachelor' Star Matt James Says Franchise Has 'Fallen Short' on Addressing Race Issue “[W]e would like to make it perfectly clear that any harassment directed towards Rachel Lindsay in the aftermath of her interview with Chris Harrison is completely inexcusable,” the statement reads, referencing the “unimaginable amount of hate” directed at the “Extra TV” host on social media. “Rachel has been an incredible advocate for our cast, and we are grateful that she has worked tirelessly toward racial equity and inclusion,” the producers said. More to come… Read original story Chris Harrison Says He Plans to Return as ‘Bachelor’ Host – But ‘There Is Much More Work to Be Done’ At TheWrap
British police said on Thursday they had ruled out a criminal investigation into the famous 1995 BBC interview with the late Princess Diana after complaints from her brother that she had been tricked into taking part with the use of forged documents. Diana's interview with journalist Martin Bashir, watched by more than 20 million viewers in Britain, shocked the nation when she admitted to an affair and gave other intimate details of her failed marriage to heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles. Last November, her brother Charles Spencer said the BBC had failed to apologise for what he said were forged documents and "other deceit" which led him to introduce Diana to Bashir.
A well-known optical illusion in suburban Sydney has put people’s heads in a spin online after going viral on TikTok.Hazel Ann Medalla posted the footage on TikTok of her driving past the roadside model of a house that looks like it rotates, near Bankstown Airport.“That optical illusion house has been there for as long as I can remember. I’ve always found the illusion fascinating because no matter how many times I pass it, the house always appears to be three dimensional and spinning until it gets to a point where I see that it’s just flat cutouts in the shape of a house,” Medalla told Storyful.The piece, called Camofleur, was created by Sydney artist Regina Walters, News.com.au said. Credit: Hazel Ann Medalla via Storyful
The Premier League title race is all over bar the shouting but Manchester United at least have the opportunity to halt Manchester City's assault on the European record books when the sides meet in Sunday's derby at the Etihad Stadium. City's win over Wolverhampton Wanderers this week was their 21st in a row in all competitions and 15th in succession in the league and left them 14 points clear of second-placed United who could only draw 0-0 with Crystal Palace. Victory over United would equal the 22 successive wins achieved by Carlo Ancelotti's Real Madrid in 2014-15.
Dutch docu-series “Seeds of Deceit” tells the disturbing story of Dr. Jan Karbaat, a pioneer in the field of artificial insemination who secretly used his own sperm to impregnate his patients. Across three episodes, director Miriam Guttmann weaves a complex narrative which balances the perspectives of the women abused by Karbaat, the dozens of children […]
Indian forestry officials said on Thursday they had brought a week-long blaze in a tiger reserve under control. Hundreds of forestry officials in Similipal National Park, home to protected species including the Bengal tiger and Asian elephant, have been using leaf blowers to clear debris at risk of catching fire. "The fire is totally under control," said Jitendra Kumar, the principal chief conservator of forest in the eastern state of Odisha, where the fires are burning.
Ghana's Supreme Court on Thursday upheld President Nana Akufo-Addo's election victory, rejecting a challenge by the runner-up John Mahama who had alleged irregularities in the results. Akufo-Addo was declared the winner of the Dec. 7 vote with 51.59%, ahead of former president Mahama, who received 47.37%. Mahama alleged that votes had been added to Akufo-Addo's total in some polling stations, pushing him above the 50% threshold needed to avoid a runoff.
KUALA LUMPUR, March 4 — Health director-general (DG) Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah today revealed that 15 active Covid-19 clusters involve old folks’ homes, and promised that standard operating...
Thailand's military on Thursday said it was not behind a network of Facebook accounts that the social media giant took down on the grounds they were using deceptive behaviour to influence public debate. Marking the first time it had taken down Thai accounts alleged to be linked to the government, Facebook said on Wednesday it had removed a Thailand-based network that included 77 accounts, 72 pages and 18 groups on Facebook and 18 accounts on Instagram, citing "coordinated inauthentic behaviour". Facebook said in a report the operation was linked to the Thai military's Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) and targeted audiences in Thailand's southern provinces, where conflict has flared on and off for decades as insurgent groups continue a guerrilla war to demand independence.
Join Jen and her daughter as they make panko-coated salmon bites. Delicious and healthy, this is a super quick recipe that will encourage kids to get cooking.
Springbok World Cup winner and Bulls loose forward Duane Vermeulen was named South African Rugby Player of the Year Thursday.
The London Metropolitan Police will not conduct an investigation into the allegations swirling around the BBC’s infamous 1995 interview with Princess Diana, conducted by Martin Bashir. The interview, on the “Panorama” program, in which the princess revealed her troubled relationship with Prince Charles, grabbed headlines around the world, but questions arose. Bashir allegedly forged documents […]