A signal button on a pedestrian crossing in Uxbridge, Greater London was found to have an electrical current after a pedestrian reported receiving an electric shock on January 25.
Footage shows the device being tested for a current and a red signal to confirm the flow of electricity.
The filmer explained: "After a pedestrian received an electric shock off of a pedestrian crossing push button, I was sent to investigate and found all of our metal equipment was live with 230 volts!
"An underground fault had caused this to happen."
They later said: "It’s a TNC-S system, you can see my volt pen detecting a live 230 volts on the metalwork of the permanent signals but not on the railings or temporary signals."