The accidental flash fire erupted during the Monster Concert at Austin High School, according to the local fire department
Three people were injured on Saturday when a flash fire erupted at a Texas high school's orchestra event.
The accidental flash fire, which was sparked by gasoline, occurred during the Monster Concert at Austin High School, the Austin Fire Department said in a post on X.
The fire began when the gasoline tank got too close to a grill while being refueled, AFD said, per KVUE-TV.
Two adults were transported to Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, ATCEMS said. Both adults sustained “serious” injuries, though one victim’s wounds are considered “potentially life-threatening.”
One of the adults was airlifted to Dell Seton via STAR Flight. A third victim was also transported to Dell Seton with minor injuries.
ATCEMS did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
Among the injured are the husband of orchestra director Ana Maria Solis-Herrera and their son, who graduated from AHS in 2022, according to a GoFundMe set up on behalf of the victims. Paco Guajardo, the father of two orchestra students, was also injured.
Ana Maria’s husband “was badly burned” in the blaze, wrote GoFundMe organizers Thomas Aguliar and Ashley Beard, who both previously served as Orchestra Parent Board presidents.
“The students, parents, faculty/staff, and community of Austin High School and our Orchestra program are heartbroken beyond words over this recent tragedy,” Aguilar and Beard said. “We are asking you to help us give back to these families who have given so much to us.”
As of Monday, only the parent volunteer had been released from the hospital, according to CBS Austin.
In a statement shared on GoFundMe, the Solis-Herrera family thanked those who have shown their support since Saturday’s accident. “We are so thankful for the generous outpouring of love from our community during what is a very difficult time,” they said.
“The response is overwhelming,” the family added, “and we cannot adequately express our gratitude for your gifts of time, prayer, and donations. Thank you for keeping us in your hearts and prayers.”
As of Tuesday afternoon, over $72,000 had been raised.
For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!
Read the original article on People.