One suspect in Canadian stabbings found dead
STORY: One of two suspects in a mass stabbing spree in Canada was found dead on Monday, according to officials.
Brothers Damien and Myles Sanderson are suspected of murdering 10 people and wounding 18 others on Sunday in the province of Saskatchewan.
The killing spree's become one of the deadliest attacks in modern Canadian history.
The stabbings occurred mostly in James Smith Cree Nation, a sparsely populated indigenous community.
Rhonda Blackmore with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on Monday said the body of Damien Sanderson had been found there.
His brother remained on the run.
Police did not rule him out as a suspect in Damien's death.
"His body was located outdoors in a heavily grassed area in proximity to a house that was being examined. We can confirm, he has visible injuries. His injuries are not believed to be self-inflicted at this point. The exact cause of death, will be determined in conjunction with the Saskatchewan coroner's office..."
Police said that while some of the victims appeared to have been targeted, others were apparently random.
Ruby Works lived next door to one of the victims in the nearby village of Weldon.
"Now I'm terrified to go to sleep at night. Terrified to open my door. Yesterday I was thinking, that could have been me. They could have killed me."
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the attacks and offered his government's support on Monday.
"Yesterday's attacks in Saskatchewan are shocking and heartbreaking. My thoughts and the thoughts of all Canadians are with those who've lost loved ones and with those who are injured. This kind of violence or any kind of violence has no place in our country."
He also said that flags on federal buildings across Saskatchewan had been lowered to half-mast as a show of solidarity.
Questions surrounding a motive remain.
Indigenous leaders said the attacks may have been drug-related.