KOTA KINABALU, Nov 2 — Speculation that former chief minister Tan Sri Musa Aman was planning a comeback this GE15 turned out to be not true when he was left out of the Gabungan Rakyat Sabah and BN candidate list announcement today.
His son, deputy finance minister Datuk Hafez Yamani Musa was also dropped from the Sipitang parliamentary seat today.
“So far, no intention ... he never told me he wanted to make a comeback,” said Sabah BN chairman Datuk Bung Moktar Radin when asked by reporters.
“His son, according to CM, refused to contest,” added Bung, referring to the chief minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor.
Political talk prior to the announcement was that Musa, Sabah’s longest-serving chief minister of 15 years until 2018, was gunning to return to the foreground of politics.
Speculation was rife that he was eyeing the Libaran seat, which houses the Sungai Sibuga seat which was his for six terms.
The seat was given to nominated assemblyman Datuk Suhaimi Nasir who is Umno Libaran chief while Hafez’s Sipitang seat was given to Bersatu’s Datuk Matbali Musah.
Former deputy ministers including Sabah Bersatu Wanita chief Datuk Azizah Mohd Dun (Beaufort) and Datuk Rahim Bakri (Kudat), Libaran’s Datuk Zakariah Edris, both also from Bersatu.
GRS chairman and chief minister Hajiji and Bung announced the candidate list today for 24 out of 25 parliamentary seats.