September is a month of renewal and starting afresh. It signals the end of summer and the start of a new school year (that feeling never leaves you no matter how old you get, right?) So having a baby born in September can feel like apt timing.
Along with having a baby comes a big decision: What are you going to name it? For some parents-to-be, it can help taking inspiration from some of the most popular names out there. So what could be more useful than finding out the top 10 most popular baby names for the month of September?
Every year, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) collates data about all the names given to babies born in England and Wales. The following are the top names for baby boys and baby girls born in September 2019:
Top September baby names for boys:
Top September baby names for girls:
Alternatively, if you were hoping for something a little more themed to your baby's month of birth, how about some of these names for September babies?
- September (well, duh?)
- Sapphire (September's birthstone)
- Indigo (representing the dark blue of a sapphire)
- Aster (September's birth flower)
- Autumn (it is technically the start of autumn, right?)
- Virgo (the month's main star sign)
- Libra (the month's other star sign)
- Amber (the colour of autumn)
- Hazel (another autumnal colour)
- Iris (a flower in season during September)
- Delphie (short for delphinium, another flower in season during September)
- Equinox (the autumn equinox takes place in late September)
- Knox (short for Equinox)
- Medini (a Welsh name meaning 'born in September')
- Rose (also a flower in season during the month)
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
You Might Also Like