Miraculous Corp Finds its First CEO in Former Moonbug Exec Andy Yeatman

Former Moonbug managing director Andy Yeatman has been appointed CEO of the newly launched Miraculous Corp USA, a joint venture between Mediawan and the “Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir” studio ZAG.

Unveiled last month, Miraculous Corp was established to join all facets of the Miraculous franchise under one roof, with Mediawan taking 60% ownership and Zag the other 40%. Zag founder and Miraculous co-creator Jeremy Zag will continue as a major shareholder and board member while overseeing the development and creation of new storylines and characters within the franchise.

More from Variety

Based in Los Angeles, Yeatman will work closely with Zag to oversee U.S. and international business operations as they grow the Miraculous brand into a new, expanded universe of characters and stories. The outfit will develop and produce TV movies, spin-off series and a Zag-directed sequel to the 2023 feature “Ladybug & Cat Noir: The Movie.”

In a release, Yeatman said: “I have been a fan of Miraculous Ladybug since 2015, when Jeremy first introduced me to the show. There is enormous potential to continue to build out the universe that Jeremy, Thomas and Nathanael created.  The adventures ahead will feature new heroes and villains and ways for fans all over the world to interact with this universe.”

Yeatman is an experienced executive in the kids and family entertainment space. He spent the last six years at Moonbug, where he was a key figure in building up the mega-IP “CoComelon,” one of Netflix’s most-watched shows ever. Before that, he helped found and lead Netflix’s Kids’ Content department. While at the streamer, Netflix’s kids and family division won 30 Daytime Emmys from 100 nominations. Earlier in his career, Yeatman spent time at companies such as Walt Disney Studios, Ascent Media Group, Verizon, and CIBC World Markets.

Of the appointment, Mediawan CEO Pierre-Antoine Capton said: “[Yeatman’s] expertise is an invaluable asset for such an iconic brand. The creation of Miraculous Corp with Jeremy, and now the appointment of Andy, is wonderful news that will enable us to exploit the full richness of the unique universe of France’s most successful superheroine.”

Jeremy Zag added: “I have known Andy for many years, and he has always been passionate about his work. He is a dedicated professional with extensive experience. I am very pleased to welcome him to the adventure we are all experiencing together alongside Pierre-Antoine and the incredible teams at Mediawan.”

Best of Variety

Sign up for Variety’s Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.