RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: PARIS ST GERMAIN TEAM TRAINING SESSION / NEWS CONFERENCE WITH PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL AND STRIKER, KYLIAN MBAPPE / SOUNDBITES FROM MBAPPE IN ENGLISH ON THE SIDELINES OF TRAINING SESSION
SHOWS: LISBON, PORTUGAL (AUGUST 22, 2020) (UEFA - NO RESALES. NO COMMERCIAL USE. MUST ON-SCREEN COURTESY "©UEFA 2020")
1. VARIOUS OF PSG FORWARD, NEYMAR, WALKING ONTO PRACTICE PITCH AND GREETING PSG COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL
3. SQUAD JOGGING
4. PSG FORWARD, KYLIAN MBAPPE, JOGGING
5. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN FORWARD, KYLIAN MBAPPE, SAYING:
"I've always said that I want to make history for my country. And tomorrow is a new opportunity. Since I came (to PSG) in 2017, we've had many disappointments. Today, we are in the finals. And it shows that we didn't give up, I didn't give up. And it will be a great reward to be able to win with a French club. And it was my mission when I signed here, I said that I came for this. So, to win tomorrow would be incredible, and a great accomplishment."
6. MBAPPE AND NEYMAR JOGGING
7. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN FORWARD, KYLIAN MBAPPE, SAYING:
"To play against (Manuel) Neuer - one of the best goalkeepers in the history of football - when I was training, I always dreamt of playing against the best. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And tomorrow, we're in for a big challenge. We must play as we have always played. With a lot of determination, of course, but we will play our game, because if we are here it's because we played our game, and we will see how it goes tomorrow. And we hope to bring home the cup, for sure."
8. NEYMAR DURING TEAM TRAINING SESSION
9. WIDE OF TRAINING IN EMPTY STADIUM
10. PSG MIDFIELDER, MARCO VERRATTI, TRAINING
11. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING (ON STATE OF INJURED PLAYERS MARCO VERRATTI, IDRISSA GUEYE AND KEYLOR NAVAS):
"Marco (Verratti - midfielder) and Idrissa (Gueye - midfielder) trained with us the past few days, after the match against Leipzig, with no problem. And they are as well on the pitch with us today, completely, doing everything, and because of this, they are both available. For Keylor (Navas - goalkeeper), it's a different matter. He will try today, for the first time, to join completely. And then it will be a decision today. If it's a yes or a no, black or white. There's no option between the two, we will decide after training."
12. VARIOUS OF PSG GOALKEEPER, KEYLOR NAVAS, TRAINING IN NET
13. PSG MIDFIELDER, ANGEL DI MARIA, TRAINING
14. PSG DEFENDER, THIAGO SILVA, TRAINING
15. VARIOUS OF THIAGO SILVA HAVING HIS ANKLE LOOKED AT BY TRAINER
16. TUCHEL WATCHING TRAINING
17. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING:
"In this competition, the Champions League, it's a small advantage for Bayern that the club is used to playing in such a final. I can accept this. But it's not the decisive advantage. It's a small advantage, because they're used to it. It's a great club. They always improve. This club gets greater and greater in Europe. It's incredible. It's a huge, huge challenge against Bayern tomorrow, but we are also confident. And we don't think too much about this. We are here, and we feel that we deserve it. And now it's the challenge, to play a good match, to fight against this team, and we are ready for this."
18. SQUAD TRAINING IN A RONDO
19. NEYMAR AND MBAPPE PLAYFULLY ARGUING OVER WHO LOST
20. AERIAL OF RONDO
22. NAVAS IN THE NET
23. VARIOUS OF PSG GOALKEEPER, SERGIO RICO, TRAINING
24. PSG FORWARD, MAURO ICARDI, TRAINING IN RONDO
26. WIDE OF TRAINING SESSION
27. (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS ST GERMAIN FORWARD, KYLIAN MBAPPE, SAYING:
"Because you play with your own country and tomorrow is with the club. So, it's a different feeling, but it's the same ambition. I just want to win the final tomorrow. And I'm very happy to be here because it's the first time for the club and we can make history tomorrow. So, we are ready to do it."
28. TUCHEL WATCHING TRAINING SESSION
29. (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS ST GERMAIN FORWARD, KYLIAN MBAPPE, ON TUCHEL, SAYING:
"Oh, he's very important. He's a great coach. Everybody talks about him saying, 'yeah, he's not good, he does this, he does that.' But he's done the best season in the history of the club with us and we are very happy to have him with us."
STORY: Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe says he wants to make history for France by winning the country's first Champions League title in 27 years in Sunday's (August 23) final against Bayern Munich.
PSG beat Atalanta and RB Leipzig in the "final eight" in Lisbon, and Mbappe is feeling relaxed about the test against Bayern and the significance for French football.
The last time a French team won Europe's premier club competition was in 1993 when Olympique Marseille beat AC Milan 1-0.
Although only 21, Mbappe has already made himself a major part of French football history by winning the World Cup two years ago and he has compared the mood in the PSG squad to that of Didier Deschamp's side in Russia.
PSG manager Thomas Tuchel said fit-again Italian midfielder Marco Verratti could be involved in the final which will take place at the Estadio da Luz without fans, like all the games in the last eight due to COVID-19 restrictions although probably not the full match.
Verratti missed PSG's quarter-final clash against Atalanta due to a sore calf but came off the bench for the final eight minutes of the semi-final win over Leipzig.
Tuchel will also decide late on whether first-choice keeper Keylor Navas is ready to return or if he will stick with back-up Anthony Lopes.
(Production: Michaela Cabrera, Kurt Michael Hall)