- Who is Frog on The Masked Singer season 3? We took a look at the most convincing fan theories.
- If we had to guess based on the clues we know so far, we'd say Frog is Bow Wow.
Only the finalists from the three different groups of performers on The Masked Singer now remain. While we've recently found out that Rob Gronkowski, Jojo Siwa, and Bella Thorne have all been contenders this season, there are still a few costumes we can't quite figure out. However, after some incredible renditions of "Jump" and "In Da Club," fans think they know who is hiding under the Frog mask.
Who is Frog on The Masked Singer?
Here's a look at what we know so far:
- In a preview clip for season 3, host Nick Cannon is shown delivering the Frog costume to someone in a gym with a platinum record hanging on the wall.
- In his first clue package, Frog says he "leapt to stardom as fast as a lightning bolt" when he was just a young tadpole.
- Frog says the words "jump jump" and references to hopping.
- The clue package also includes a flyer for the 1996 Games and $106.
- Frog says he's ready to sing his "face off."
- In Frog's second clue package, a basketball, a Hollywood Walk of Fame tile with a $19 price tag, and the letters "CSI" all make appearances.
Got all that? Now onto the internet's top theories ...
Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith
A number of fans have pointed out that major hints from Frog's clue packages seem to point to hip-hop artist Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith.
Chris's former duo with the late Chris "Mac Daddy" Kelly, Kris Kross, had two platinum records (check!), a hit song he called "Jump" (check!), and origins in Atlanta (yep, where the 1996 Olympic Games were held — check!). The basketball? That could be a reference to Kris Kross's appearance alongside Michael Jordan in Michael Jackson's 1992 music video for "Jam." Plus, you could say he "leapt to stardom" as a young tadpole, considering Kris Kross's iconic first album, Krossed Out, was released when Chris was just 13 years old.
Some of the other clues — the $106 and the letters "CSI," for example — are a little harder to explain. But even still, a lot does seem to add up. Hmmm...
Perhaps the most popular theory on the internet, however, is that Frog is rapper Bow Wow (a.k.a. Shad Moss). As many fans have cleverly pointed out on YouTube and Twitter, the $106 featured in the Frog's first clue package could be a reference to Bow Wow's time spent hosting the BET music video show 106 & Park. Meanwhile, his statement about being ready to sing his "face off" could be a play on Bow Wow's 2007 album with Omarion of the same name, and the Walk of Fame tile could be a nod to the artist's 2006 album The Price of Fame.
It's worth noting that Bow Wow also starred in the 2002 flick Like Mike (which is all about a boy with a dream of becoming a basketball star) and a 2015 spinoff of CSI called CSI: Cyber. The latest clue package features a knight, which could reference the team that Bow Wow's character Calvin Cambridge played for in Like Mike, the Los Angeles Knights. Many also believe the Invisible Lady who "knew he would be a superstar" and "looked out for him when he moved to LA" was Bow Wow's manager — who happens to also be his mother. Add in the facts that young "tadpole" Bow Wow released his first (platinum!) album at 13, shared a label with Kris Kross (who, of course, had the song "Jump"), and is currently based in Atlanta (where, again, the 1996 Olympic Games were held), and you can clearly see that this theory is solid.
Of course, we still have more to learn about Frog as The Masked Singer season 3 goes on. Here's hoping we can figure out this masked singer's identity soon!
For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.
You Might Also Like