VIDEO SHOWS: MEDIA OUTSIDE HOSPITAL / SOUNDBITES FROM MARADONA'S PSYCHOLOGIST AND PSYCHIATRIST
SHOWS: OLIVOS, BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (NOVEMBER 6, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. BANNER ON WALL OUTSIDE HOSPITAL THAT READS: (Spanish) ''ONE MORE DRIBBLE''
2. MESSAGES OF SUPPORT FOR MARADONA OUTSIDE HOSPITAL
3. VARIOUS OF HOSPITAL EXTERIOR
4. DOCTORS CARLOS DIAZ AND AGUSTINA KOSOCHOV, WHO ARE TREATING MARADONA, PREPARING TO TALK TO MEDIA
5. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) PSYCHOLOGIST, CARLOS DIAZ, SAYING:
''His recovery is amazing as we are used to seeing with Diego. If we continue like this, in a few days, we will have news but he is doing better every day. Everything is in order. We were looking to normalise Diego's sleeping and eating patterns, which at the moment are excellent.''
6. VARIOUS OF MARADONA'S DAUGHTER JANA MARADONA LEAVING HOSPITAL ON BOARD VEHICLE
7. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) PSYCHIATRIST, AGUSTINA KOSOCHOV, SAYING:
''Diego's family is aware of everything and we are all working as a team for the sake of his health.''
8. DOCTORS WALKING BACK INTO HOSPITAL
9. VARIOUS OF MEDIA / CAMERAS / REPORTERS ON PAVEMENT OUTSIDE HOSPITAL
STORY: Argentina soccer great Diego Maradona's doctors spoke about his ''amazing recovery'' on Friday (November 6).
"We are used to seeing (this) with Diego,'' said his psychologist, Carlos Diaz.
Maradona has been sedated by doctors to help him cope with withdrawal symptoms and will remain in hospital, even though he would like to leave, his personal physician said on Friday.
Luque said the former Barcelona, Napoli and Boca Juniors player was being kept in after suffering some "episodes of confusion" due to enforced abstinence.
Luque did not say what Maradona was abstaining from but the Argentine has previously fought much publicised battles against drink and drug addiction.
The 60-year-old was taken into hospital on Tuesday and underwent emergency surgery for a subdural haematoma, a blood clot on the brain.
Maradona, who won the World Cup with Argentina in 1986 and is considered one of the greatest players of all time, has suffered frequent periods in hospital over the years, often due to his extravagant lifestyle.
(Production: Horacio Soria, Juan Bustamante, Geraldine Downer)