Man Utd takeover: Journalist expects ‘disruptive delay’ as Ten Hag faces difficult transfer window

·3-min read
Man Utd takeover Credit: Alamy
Man Utd takeover Credit: Alamy

Man Utd have been warned that it could take up to ten weeks for their takeover to be finalised and this will be ‘disruptive’.

The Red Devils have been up for sale since last November. At the time, the Glazer family proclaimed that they would “evaluate all options”.

“The strength of Manchester United rests on the passion and loyalty of our global community of 1.1 billion fans and followers,” the statement from the Glazers read.

“As we seek to continue building on the Club’s history of success, the Board has authorized a thorough evaluation of strategic alternatives.

“We will evaluate all options to ensure that we best serve our fans and that Manchester United maximizes the significant growth opportunities available to the Club today and in the future.

“Throughout this process, we will remain fully focused on serving the best interests of our fans, shareholders, and various stakeholders.”

The third and final round of bidding has now taken place as the deadline was set for last Friday.

The Glazer family have had interest from several potential minority investors but Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim Ratcliffe are the leading contenders to become the club’s new majority stakeholder.

Sheikh Jassim’s offer is an all-or-nothing proposal as he wants to have full control of the football club. Ratcliffe meanwhile has been willing to compromise and offer the Glazers a 20% stake while he becomes the new main shareholder.

It has been reported that Ratcliffe has made the ‘highest bid’ for Man Utd but this has ‘bemused’ Sheikh Jassim. A recent report from The Daily Telegraph revealed.

‘Sources close to the Sheikh Jassim camp are adamant that their offer of additional capital investment to fund redevelopment of Old Trafford and the club’s training ground is on top of their bid to the Glazers and are bemused by any suggestions to the contrary.

‘The Glazers had been holding out for around £6 billion but none of the bidders have got to that level and the Qataris believe their offer is the best for the club, fans and community.’

READ MORE: Transfer gossip… Man Utd watch England striker as Kane alternative, Arsenal offered long-term target

A new report from Football Insider’s Adam Williams claims ‘the Man Utd takeover could take up to 10 weeks to complete once a preferred bidder is selected’.

It is said to be ‘unrealistic’ to suggest that ‘the process could be formally concluded by the time the transfer window opens in early June’. The report adds.

‘An industry source has told this site that, while a winner could be named in the coming weeks, the transition of power itself is almost certain to be a more protracted process.

‘That view is shared by several leading minority shareholders in United.

‘The circa 10-week delay could prove disruptive both in the transfer and commercial departments.’

READ MORE: Premier League points earned from losing positions… Never-say-die Newcastle leapfrog Liverpool

 

The article Man Utd takeover: Journalist expects ‘disruptive delay’ as Ten Hag faces difficult transfer window appeared first on Football365.com.