Fulham are in talks with Manchester United over a potential deal to sign Scott McTominay before the transfer deadline, according to reports.
The Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag hinted that McTominay and team-mate Harry Maguire would be staying at Man Utd ahead of today’s transfer deadline.
Ten Hag said at his pre-match press conference on Friday: “I think we have done good business. We constructed a strong squad and we are ready for the fight.”
But Sky Sports claim Fulham ‘have made initial contact’ with Man Utd ‘over the conditions of a potential deal for’ McTominay with Joao Palhinha set to sign for Bayern Munich.
The Cottagers are ‘actively working on a successor and United midfielder McTominay has emerged as a target’ with the Scotland international only appearing off the bench twice in three matches this season for Man Utd.
Man Utd have already rejected a £30m bid for McTominay from West Ham earlier this summer and Sky Sports add that as things stand ths Scot ‘will stay at Old Trafford as he’s seen as an important member of the squad’.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg was another option to replace Palhinha but the Tottenham midfielder has turned down a move to Fulham ahead of the window closing.
BBC Sport‘s chief football writer Phil McNulty has confirmed that Palhinha is traveling to have his medical at Bayern Munich ahead of a deadline day move.
‘Fulham’s Joao Palhinha has been given permission to travel to Germany as Bayern Munich try to thrash out a deadline day deal for the Portugal midfielder.
‘Bayern coach Thomas Tuchel is keen to add the 28-year-old to his squad after signing England captain Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur.
‘Fulham were reluctant to lose the influential Palhinha, but the player is keen to play Champions League football and he is now awaiting confirmation of a deal between the two clubs before having a medical and completing the formalities of a deal.
‘The fee is expected to be about £65m but talks are ongoing, with Fulham also seeking a replacement.’
When asked about interest in Palhinha on Friday, Fulham boss Marco Silva replied: “There has been interest from other clubs in Joao. I will not make any comments about the situation as there is nothing new to say.
“But of course, it’s the business part of the club. The people who are taking care of that are doing their job. Probably it’s the first time this club is receiving so many offers, and big offers for some players.”
Silva is confident more reinforcements will arrive before the deadline, said: “It doesn’t make sense for us to lose a player like Joao, but of course we should have a replacement to come and help us.
“We are talking about so many details, the timing, all that stuff – there are many things involved. I am doing my job and that is to put names forward and give solutions if any player is sold from our squad.”
The article Man Utd outline ‘conditions’ of transfer amid £65m deal as Tottenham star rejects Fulham move appeared first on Football365.com.