Malaysia sees Covid-19 cases decline for fourth day straight, logs 4,343 new infections today

·2-min read
Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Malaysia has now seen 2,506,309 cases since the pandemic started. — Bernama file pic
Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Malaysia has now seen 2,506,309 cases since the pandemic started. — Bernama file pic

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 7 — Malaysia’s Covid-19 infection numbers continue to drop as the country records 4,343 new cases today.

This is the fourth consecutive day the number of new cases has been reducing.

Yesterday, the Health Ministry recorded 4,701 new cases, down from 4,922 last Friday.

Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Malaysia has now seen 2,506,309 cases since the pandemic started.

Of the total, 4,334 were locally transmitted, involving 4,120 Malaysians. Meanwhile, nine cases were imported involving six Malaysians and three foreigners.

“Of the 4,343 cases today, only 68 cases or 1.6 per cent of the total number of cases are in Category 3, 4 and 5 — which requires hospitalisation — while the remaining 98.4 per cent are in Category 1 and 2,” he said.

Dr Noor Hisham added that 554 patients require treatment in intensive care units (ICU), with 518 confirmed positive for Covid-19 and 36 others that were either suspected, probable or under investigation.

He said that out of the 554,272 need ventilators to help them breathe, including 212 confirmed cases and 60 others that were either suspected, probable or under investigation.

On a positive note, there were 5,190 recovery cases in the country, bringing the total number of recoveries from the deadly disease to 2,412,395.

Seven new Covid-19 clusters were also detected in the past 24 hours, three from community transmissions, three related to workplaces and one involving a higher learning institution.

This brings the total number of active clusters in the country to 325.

Related Articles Covid-19: Malaysia records drop in death cases for 44th epidemiological week, says Dr Noor Hisham Daily Covid-19 cases tick up in Malaysia as Health Ministry records 4,543 new infections CovidNow: 75.2pc of Malaysian population fully vaccinated

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting