Malaysia records 13,104 new Covid-19 case, half in Sarawak, Selangor, Johor, Kelantan

·2-min read
A health worker preparing to administer a Covid-19 test in Puchong, February 28,2021. — Picture by Miera Zulyana
A health worker preparing to administer a Covid-19 test in Puchong, February 28,2021. — Picture by Miera Zulyana

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 26 — The number of new Covid-19 cases detected in Malaysia in the last 24 hours is 13,104 cases, which is slightly fewer than the 13,899 recorded yesterday.

This brings the cumulative total of Covid-19 cases in the country so far to 2,198,235.

According to the Health Ministry’s latest data as of noon today, the states with the highest number of new Covid-19 cases are Sarawak at 2,943 cases, followed by Selangor (1,558), Johor (1,455) and Kelantan (1,206). Together, they account for 54.66 per cent of the total cases recorded today.

The other state that recorded more than 1,000 cases today is Sabah at 1,078, while the other states and the federal territory of Kuala Lumpur recorded hundreds of cases each.

Double digits were recorded only in Perlis (80 new cases) and the federal territory of Putrajaya (24), while the federal territory of Labuan recorded four cases only.

For today’s new cases, only eight were imported cases (three Malaysians, five non-citizens), while the bulk or 13,096 cases were local cases (with 90.8 per cent or 11,892 being Malaysians while the remaining 9.2 per cent or 1,204 are non-citizens).

Out of today’s 13,104 new cases, the overwhelming majority or 98.5 per cent are in the categories one and one (a combined 12,903 cases), while 1.5 per cent or 201 of the new cases are in the more severe categories of three, four and five.

Just like yesterday, the number of Covid-19 recoveries today again exceeded the number of new cases, with 20,971 patients today recorded as having recovered.

This brings the number of individuals who recovered from Covid-19 so far in Malaysia to 1,989,512, accounting for 90.5 per cent of all the Covid-19 cases detected in the country so far.

As of today, those who need treatment in intensive care units number 1,058 cases (850 confirmed to have Covid-19, while 280 are suspected or probable cases or cases under investigation).

More than half of these require respiratory support, namely 580 cases, with 365 being those who were confirmed to have Covid-19, and 215 being those who are suspected, probable cases or cases under investigation.

Out of the 5,143 Covid-19 clusters that have been detected so far in the country, 4,228 clusters had ended, with 1,185 clusters remaining active including 12 new clusters (six each for community-linked and workplace-related clusters) recorded today.

Related Articles Argentina select three Premier League players for World Cup qualifiers Penang sets up private Covid-19 quarantine centre for low-risk B40 patients Sydney’s unvaccinated warned of social isolation when lockdown ends

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting