Liverpool told deal for £50m-rated midfielder is on and star will ‘have his head turned’ by Klopp if offer is made
Jurgen Klopp has been told that Liverpool can easily lure a top Premier League midfielder to Anfield this summer – and any approach from the Reds will leave the player with little choice but to push for a move to Merseyside.
The Reds are preparing for what will likely be a massive summer of recruitment at Anfield. Having fallen a few games short of the Quadruple last season, their fall from grace this season will have hurt Klopp and their supporters hard.
As it stands, Liverpool are now preparing for wholesale changes this summer. An estimated nine players are estimated to leave, with Klopp putting his focus on a midfield rebuild.
As a result, a number of top stars now find themselves being linked with moves to Anfield. And while Jude Bellingham appears to have slipped the net, Klopp does have plenty of options in mind.
To that end, a report on Saturday claimed there was a confidence at Anfield that a triple midfielder splurge will happen, setting Liverpool back some £165m.
However, one name who persistently finds himself also linked with Liverpool is Joao Palhinha.
The Portuguese star moved to Fulham last summer in a bargain £17.2m switch from Sporting Lisbon. Adapting brilliantly to life in the Premier League, the 27-year-old has found himself earning rave reviews for his performances.
That form has also led to claims that a summer move away from Craven Cottage could be on the cards.
And while Fulham are yet to field any enquiries for the star, the player reportedly has ambitions to return to a higher level.
READ MORE: The 51 midfielders Liverpool have been linked with in the transfer gossip columns: Bellingham, Nunes…
Liverpool told Palhinha will be tempted by Anfield switch
Now Liverpool have been told that any approach for Palhinha will ‘turn the player’s head’.
And while there is a confidence from Fulham that he will still be around next season, they would reportedly not stand in his way were an offer worth £50m to arrive.
Now journalist Dean Jones, speaking to Givemesport, has provided an update on the state of play regarding Liverpool and Palhinha.
“Links with Palhinha began when Liverpool started to show a bit of interest,” began Jones. “And now the list of clubs linked to him is growing.
“I have spoken to contacts around Fulham about the threat of him leaving and they are relaxed.
“There has been no contact so far for them to be concerned about and actually they seem confident he will stick around for next season.
“I guess that is going to depend on who actually comes forward with an offer though.”
Palhinha strengths would suit Liverpool
Discussing the energy he brings, Jones is adamant that Palhinha would prove an astute signing for Liverpool. And he’s also revealed his reasoning as to why an approach from Klopp would convince him to move.
“He really is extremely good in the centre of midfield and if there’s a spot at a big club where he is guaranteed games then his head could be turned,” Jones added.
“He breaks up play and gets across the park as well as anyone I have seen in the league all season, so I do expect more speculation when we get to the summer.
“But if we are going to guess a price it is going to take for him to be bought. I think we are looking at the £50-£60 million mark.”
Despite Jones’ claims, Liverpool at this stage do not look likely to make a move for Palhinha. Their priority currently lies with Alexis Mac Allister, while Klopp is also keen on Ryan Gravenberch and Mason Mount.
However, failure to land any of that trio could see the Reds turn their focus towards the 20-times capped international.
READ MORE: Klopp in five-word update on Alexis Mac Allister as Bellingham failure is bullishly swept aside
The article Liverpool told deal for £50m-rated midfielder is on and star will ‘have his head turned’ by Klopp if offer is made appeared first on Teamtalk.com.