Lighter explodes inside hotpot when Chinese restaurant waitress tries to take it out

A lighter exploded inside a hotpot when a restaurant waitress tried to take it out in eastern China. The video, filmed in the city of Changshu in Jiangsu Province on August 23, shows diners accidentally dropping a lighter into a hotpot and leaving their table to ask help from a waitress. The waitress turned the oven off first and tried to take the lighter out after a minute. However, the lighter suddenly exploded causing the hot soup to splash out of the pot and scalded nearby diners. Fortunately, the diners were not seriously injured after being treated. The case is under further investigation. The video was provided by local media with permission.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting